Welcome to my Weight Loss Experiment!

I need to lose weight and I need help doing it. I'm hoping you will want to be a part of this year long process. I've decided to blog every day for the next 365 days about the successes and failures of my overweight life. Feel free to comment, encourage, criticize and share your own experiences with WEIGHT LOSS IN A FAST FOOD WORLD!

Me!

Me!
Working in a Soup Kitchen in Washington D.C.

If you want to post a comment...

You have to have an account with one of the profiles listed (Google is very easy to sign up for - all you need is an email address and a password). No biggie! Then make sure that your internet settings approve third party cookies. Once you have that you can post 'til your heart's content!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Half-way through day two...

So, it's 2:30 on day 2 and I have already had to talk myself off a dessert ledge 3 times!  Those cakes in the dessert window at Sweet Basil Cafe!  The siren song of the yogurt store two blocks down the street!  The candy in the check out aisle at Hobby Lobby!  Good Lord, it's everywhere!  God give me the strength to resist?  I got up pretty early today (alarm went off at the twice evil hour of 4:30am), maybe that's my problem.  Fatigue has weakend my power over my own will.  Perhaps if I go home to take a quick nap before my meeting tonight, when I wake up I won't desire a whole medium pizza with pepperoni and extra cheese!  But, those of you reading this are probably all going to write in and say, "NO Laura!  You must go for a walk instead!  THAT will curb your cravings!"  Well, I have a few choice words for all of you! @$*&###%!!!?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are posting your trials and tribulations. The first couple of weeks will be the hardest since you'll start to notice the temptations that surround you and your willingness to resist. You're doing great! Keep up the good work and stay strong. We're rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. drink lots of water...not cold water but just room temperature. That will help with feeling of hunger and eat something minty...chewing gum, brush your teeth (yea sometimes hard in the middle of the day) or those starlight mints. They say all those help and i remember doing gum alot before I got pregnant and it did curb the cravings....

    good luck girlfriend, stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you are doing this. I know you can do it. The biggest step has already been done. Now, follow through. I must say that even if you get the diet down, you've got to make sure you are getting your exercise. And the best time to do it is as soon as you wake up. I guarantee that it will make you feel better throughout the day. Also, it's so easy to just not exercise at the end of the day. If you go ahead and get it out of the way, you can't skip it because you are busy. Or, maybe get a treadmill in your office at the church and walk on it as you prep for sermons, talk on the phone, etc... Or even a headset so when you are on the phone, you can pace around the office. Anything to get you out of the chair and burn calories throughout the day. I think you should also get a pedometer to tell you how much you are walking every day. Something to keep track so you will force yourself to walk more, etc...

    But, remember, first and foremost, you are awesome and you are loved.

    Much Love,
    Greg

    ReplyDelete