Welcome to my Weight Loss Experiment!

I need to lose weight and I need help doing it. I'm hoping you will want to be a part of this year long process. I've decided to blog every day for the next 365 days about the successes and failures of my overweight life. Feel free to comment, encourage, criticize and share your own experiences with WEIGHT LOSS IN A FAST FOOD WORLD!

Me!

Me!
Working in a Soup Kitchen in Washington D.C.

If you want to post a comment...

You have to have an account with one of the profiles listed (Google is very easy to sign up for - all you need is an email address and a password). No biggie! Then make sure that your internet settings approve third party cookies. Once you have that you can post 'til your heart's content!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A dark, dark day

Well folks, I said I would share with you my successes AND my failures, so here I am with my tail between my legs saying, "I'm sorry I peed on the carpet!"  Wait, that was my cat this morning.  I did not, in fact, pee on the carpet, but I did derail myself significantly yesterday.  I started off strong with my oatmeal for breakfast, but lunch is where I started to go wrong.  At first glance, what I ate was pretty awesome, but I did not actually eat enough.  I then compounded my mistake by not eating my snack like I had planned to, so by the time I got to dinner at our Young Adult Fellowship pot luck supper, I was so hungry I was tempted to eat the fleas off our host's dog.

Instead of eating the fleas, however, I ate 5 or 6 Mini Reese's Peanut butter Cups, one fun sized Krackle bar, about 8 Ritz Crackers with cheese, and THEN I ate dinner.  I ate a whole burger, not the half that I was planning on, fruit salad - which sounds healthy except that it was made with peach pie filling as a delicious, heavenly, mouth watering glaze - two servings of potato salad, about 10 Doritos Chips AND a brownie for dessert.  This, boys and girls, is what they call "Falling Off The Wagon."

It's kind of a miracle that I only gained one pound!  That must be because of the muscle I gained from my 9 minutes of Zumba the day before. 

To make things worse, I did not actually exercise yesterday.  I'm not sure what my excuse was for avoiding my 30 minutes of extreme fun with the Doublemint Triplets but it comes down to three possibilities: 1. My back was hurting and I didn't think that the hip gyrations and waist contortions would be especially good for me, 2. I didn't have time (which is a bold faced lie), or 3. I decided to be lazy and lie on my bed playing on my phone for the 45 minutes I'd designated for my full body make-over.  I'll leave it up to you to decide which one is mostly likely the correct option.

So, folks, that's all the news that's fit to print for the time being.  Yesterday is done and gone, today is a new day, and tomorrow is just a gleam in my gorgeous brown eye.  Every day is an opportunity to succeed and that's all I can do - take it one day at a time.  But I do have to make a confession - that burger sure was DEEEEEE-LICIOUS!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl!!! - Angie Webb Nance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I will continue to nag you until you tell me that you have calculated your BMR and are basing what you are doing (eating + exercising) by that number.

    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

    Once you know your BMR, you can calculate your Daily Calorie Needs based on your activity level using the Harris Benedict Equation. Click on Harris Benedict Equation link and go from there. :)

    ReplyDelete