Welcome to my Weight Loss Experiment!

I need to lose weight and I need help doing it. I'm hoping you will want to be a part of this year long process. I've decided to blog every day for the next 365 days about the successes and failures of my overweight life. Feel free to comment, encourage, criticize and share your own experiences with WEIGHT LOSS IN A FAST FOOD WORLD!

Me!

Me!
Working in a Soup Kitchen in Washington D.C.

If you want to post a comment...

You have to have an account with one of the profiles listed (Google is very easy to sign up for - all you need is an email address and a password). No biggie! Then make sure that your internet settings approve third party cookies. Once you have that you can post 'til your heart's content!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rainy Daze Are Here Again...

Well, I'm sitting in my office on this dark and stormy day wanting so badly to be curled up in my bed reading a good book! Instead I'm waiting for the waters that have flooded the rest of the church basement to finally creep on up to my threshold. The church's sump pump that pulls water off the foundation of the building drains from a large pipe into this big hole in the floor of my office bathroom. About every 20 seconds it gushes gallons of water into the hole and pretty much just makes me have to pee. On top of all that, it's warm and muggy in here and so I'm irritable and just sort of blech-y (I don't think that's a word). And how do I want to address this bad mood? CARBS! Lots and lots of sweet and/or salty carbs combined with sweat pants, my recliner and a great book or a rented movie chock full of gorgeous, sword bearing, bare chested men! Sadly, I don't think I'm going to get any of that this afternoon.

On the plus side, I have channeled my irritability into cleaning my desk, and anyone who knows me or who has seen my desk knows that is no small thing. Consequently, I am no longer in danger of dying under an avalanche of papers and books, which is good. I'd hate for one of my little church kids to wander in here on Sunday and find me like that. I do not want to be responsible for one person's decades of therapy trying to purge his or her little mind of that image! And now that I can both see my desk AND find my computer, I am able to both breath easily and blog; Two very good things.

I have to decide what to do for lunch and dinner that does not include fries, ice cream or pizza, so that probably means I need to go to the grocery store. And as much as I hate shopping for groceries, I hate shopping for groceries on a rainy day even more. But I desperately need things like toilet paper, cat food and hummus (and if I eat the hummus, I'll REALLY need the TP! Sorry, that's gross.) so I guess I'll suck it up and go.

I must say, it's days like this that make me glad I'm still single. I can be grouchy and such without worrying if I'm bringing someone else down with me. I can just wallow and I don't have to think about someone else's wellbeing. Though, having someone else to worry about could be the very thing that pulls me out of the doldrums. Hmmmmm...

Anyway, today's blog isn't much, but at least I'm getting back into the routine of posting every day. I'm sorry if I seem depressed and have motivated you into a bad mood as well. Please don't be in a bad mood! That would make me feel bad, and if everyone feels bad then that is just plain bad! I need you all to balance me out and lift me up so that on another day I can balance you and lift YOU up! Come on people, it takes a village to raise this Laura right so buck up and be strong! I need you to be positive so I can be positive too!

Okay, now that that has been said, I'm gonna make like rain and get the hail outta here!

Love ya,

Laura

4 comments:

  1. That made me smile Laura. I really hope my little room doesn't flood as that would make me sad. :( I was out running errands all morning and then I got my hair done and then I got groceries so I know what you mean about the desperately needing things. We were out of fruit and running out of TP. Steven gets cranky when we are out of both. Supper plans are best made in advance I have learned. I plan out the week and then I don't have to worry later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there , We are with you and we believe really. I have a few old photos I will load up and send sometime or I will just put them in an envelope to your mom. You are doing Great.11.5 pounds , gone think of two plus 5 pound tubs of Crisco and that is GONE GONE GONE. You need to get those 5 pound Crisco tubs and keep them as you lose the weight. It will help to see how much you have lost. Line them up where you use to keep cookies etc. I believe in you.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I am organized, I keep a list of meals for which we have everything on hand. Then I can adjust for food moods and not feel stuck with a plan I made days before(because some days, a big salad sounds wonderful, and other days I cannot imagine eating one more piece of spinach). It also allows us to choose dinner based on how many WW points we have by dinnertime.

    When things are really going as planned, my grocery list gets made from components that make up a meal and not a bunch of random things that I think I need to have in the cupboards. It helps keep me from having only random things that do not make a complete meal.

    Hope you made it to the grocery, at least for the essentials!

    (No idea why I made my Google name "Auntie Sarah" but also no energy to try to figure it out and change it.)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete