Welcome to my Weight Loss Experiment!

I need to lose weight and I need help doing it. I'm hoping you will want to be a part of this year long process. I've decided to blog every day for the next 365 days about the successes and failures of my overweight life. Feel free to comment, encourage, criticize and share your own experiences with WEIGHT LOSS IN A FAST FOOD WORLD!

Me!

Me!
Working in a Soup Kitchen in Washington D.C.

If you want to post a comment...

You have to have an account with one of the profiles listed (Google is very easy to sign up for - all you need is an email address and a password). No biggie! Then make sure that your internet settings approve third party cookies. Once you have that you can post 'til your heart's content!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Off the wagon

I have to begin with an apology. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. I'd like to say it's because I've just been so dog-gone busy but that's just not the case. The reality is, I've galen of the wagon and I've been too ashamed to face you. It started at General Assembly. First I let myself eat some french fries at the burger joint we went to. They were so good and, really, it's okay because we were doing SO much walking. Then I bought the kids Ice cream and thought, what the heck, what's the harm, really? So I ate some too. Before I knew it I was home and full on binging on ice cream and chips in the privacy of my home. I haven't weighed myself, but I feel as if I've gained every pound back. The worst part is I feel like I've failed myself AND all of you.

I know I can't give up and so I've been giving myself all the typical lectures - you have to just get back on that horse, winners never quit and quitters never win, yadda yadda yadda, and so forth. But the reality is, I'm feeling pretty hopeless and discouraged tonight. I'm also feeling pretty alone in this. And as I've said before, I'm not very good when I'm alone.

Please keep me in your prayers as I attempt to regain my positive attitude, and as I figure out how to achieve the daunting goal of losing 150 pounds.

Thanks for all your support y'all, I'll talk to you soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Laura

7 comments:

  1. Oh ((((Laura))))

    You can start again! You don't have to lose all 150 of them today!

    You have a job that is an extreme hazard to this particular goal in your life. You've done really well overall; these things are going to come up and happen. You are not alone. We are here for you, whether it's going well or badly.

    Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above. Get back on the horse. It will be ok. Just remember that you are human but that is not an excuse to quit.

    You will be proud of yourself for getting back on the right track

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone, Laura. Big hugs - Phi Mu Alumni / Greek Games are just a little while away. Most of the sisters probably don't know about your struggles and new goals. You are an awesome woman! Keep it up.
    Angie W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be good weeks and bad weeks, as long as you don't give up, the good weeks will far out number the bad ones! Still cheering for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trust me on this one, a couple of bad days wont mess up ur goal. Now a couple of bad years will. U know i have experience in this. So one day at a time, heck one meal at a time. I know u can do this. My prayers r with u. Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready for some more posts. If you have fallen off the wagon, you can get back on it. And, I want to hear all about it, good and bad. If you had to write daily about your bad days as well, it might help you to be make better dietary decisions the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great to see you today. I thought you looked great. It is very hard not to eat the things you shouldn't when you are alone. I really struggle with that too. But when you do, just think of them as little blips on the radar and keep on making good choices.

    ReplyDelete